Sunday, October 2, 2016

worse storm in 50 years

Last week we went through the worse storm in 50 years.  And I can tell you I got home one minute before the storm hit.

Ok let me explain.  A couple of days before the storm hit. we were told to make our homes ready for the worse storm that South Australia has seen in 50 years.  And that's what some people did, because you know there are going to be some people who don't prepare.  We that Wednesday it was beautiful I couldn't understand what the weather bureau was going on about.  I guess I said in my head that day that the storm isn't coming.  So I went to work.  I got to my second job and there were still people walking there dogs and enjoying there day.  On my way to dropping the dog that I was walking home, I saw dark clouds appear, I manage to drop the dog off and make it home.  I was in the car when I hear lighting, I run inside just as I closed the door the rain starting and the storm began.

One of our dams broke and flooded a lot of small towns.  Farmers crops were lost. Our neighbours tree fall on to my husbands bird cages  Lucky no birds died. My husband was home and he ran out to try and pull the tree off his cages, the tree wasn't that big but big enough to dent the cage.

We lost power and had no phone service for about eight hours.

Here are some pictures of the damage.



  



The clean up is going to take a long time to fix.  As there is more raining coming.  As I sit here now is has been raining all night and now its the morning it hasn't stop.

Wish us luck.

Have a great week everyone, take care.xo


No comments:

Post a Comment