Sunday, August 7, 2016

Scammers are getting better

How can we get ahead of scammers, when they just keep getting better and better.  Let me tell you what happen to me last weekend.  I was looking at my junk mail because sometimes, my friends who send me emails from time to time go there, anyway getting off track.

Long story short I got an Email from a Lawyer who said that one of my relatives died and that I was the next in line to receive some money.  I have never heard of this relative before.  So I looked up the address where the Lawyer said he worked. To my surprise the address was correct.  He then told me to send some information about me, but before I would send him anything I ask for his ID and he then said, first I had to send my information, once he had that he would then some his ID.  It just felt wrong so I did some more digging and found out it was a scam. 

He did send me his ID, it just wasn't his.  Boy, he nearly had me for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment